Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Tangent

We are overflowing
Pots of bubbliness like
Foam on the sea of
Antics and memories
We have burnt tenacious
Hands on the edge
Through the pain we grip
The spoon and stir
Aah gastronomy,
the science of pi

We are lost in
Streets we knew so well
Biding time
Its strange I didn't notice how
The silence fell
Why are we staring at the floor
I ignore words tugging
At my lips, for now
I wish to
Amble and that is it

It is the last day too soon
The words should trip
Over themselves
I'm sorry I am going
While knowing how everyone
You have loved leaves too soon
Forgive me for failed rights
Slips of the tongue and untruths
Through the nonsense I have
Uttered this year
Why can't I say I will miss you

Yes we are overflowing, scalding
Hot headed youths,
Today the pot runs dry
In my life , I wonder how
Many times I will fail
To say
Sorry and goodbye

'And hold fast , all of you together to the rope of Allah , and do not separate'
 3:103

Abdallah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-’As reported that the Prophet (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

“The supplication that gets the quickest answer is the one made by one Muslim for another in his absence.”
Abu Daw’ud and Tirmidhi
If I leave you with nothing else , then know that I will make dua for you. For our hands are empty, incapable except for whatever Allah grants us.

No comments:

Post a Comment