Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

To Sow

Time makes things worse.

It ruptures this surface blackness
Beyond which is easy breathing
That stutters back and forth and I
Spray death on it persistently
Why must these weeds of hope grow
In the most awkward of places
Pessimism, Pessimism, snubbed beneath the shoe
And the weight of the words on my shoulders
Cracks the pavement and then
Or not quite then does the rain fall

I remember young hands planting
Seeds amongst the dirt
There are prayers we no longer remember
Dreams so grand we can't believe they are ours
It is not necessarily the persistent but
The patient, who sees the flower grow.

By time,
Indeed, mankind is in loss,
Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

Surah Asr

And verily, the help of Allah is near!
2:214

“Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) said,
"The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention.” 
Bukhari, Muslim

Is there anything more than the harvest of the tongues that throws people on their faces (or he said 'on their noses') into the Fire?"
Tirmidhi

2 comments:

  1. Dearest sister, this piece has really touched me. It is as though you are speaking straight to my heart, which cherishes sweet lofty dreams, seeming so close yet so far away. As if you have chased away my fears and reminded me never to give up on my Lord, that He is watching, listening, and that His help is indeed ever near. I've planted the seeds and watered them with my tears and by His grace I will wait for them to grow no matter how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the most amazing things is sometimes we don't even know what we're looking for. We in our human way stare at the ground waiting for so long for this seed to grow and when we tire and turn around to leave we see that the plant was behind us all the time .

      The answers to our prayer may have already come into fruition but we are unaware and Allah well he is All-aware, most merciful.

      I will wait for my dreams as you wait for yours and then I guess the only place left to meet will be in gardens, graced by our Lord

      Delete