Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Innovation

She is counting beads while she speaks
No it's a tasbih that needs to be rubbed on the face
Mid conversation at that
You have created your own means
And yes some leeway for permissibility
But don't claim to love a prophet whose sunnah you don't do
Where is the concentration , reaching numbers made by a few

Their innovation breaks me
They recite poetry about love and desires
It drowns out the Quran they never read
His voice raises to the tune of the drums
Of songs, rocking back and forth
And strange attributions to man of God
They stand when they should sit
And they spin when they should stand
And this is a holy man they claim
I don't need priests I need peace
Was is not our history of men who sought
Truth and evidence
You feel so you do , you sit
One hundred times " Allahu "
This is not love
This is the mannerism of the lost

I needed them to be religious
I needed an infrastructure, a means
But they are too busy
Inventing worship to do
To God and men just the same
And I , I am strange because I ask for a hadith
Is it sahih?- Now I'm extreme-
In moderation
Your admiration is fake
Concepts, actions and creed
Don't listen to the person listen to the Deen

Narrated by Ibn Waddaah in Al-Bid’ wa’l-Nahy ‘anhaa from al-Salt ibn Bahraam, who said: ‘Ibn Mas’ood passed by a woman who had a [masbahah] with which she was making tasbeeh, and he broke it and threw it aside, then he passed by a man who was making tasbeeh with pebbles, and he kicked him then said, “You think you are better than the Sahaabah, but you are following unjustified bid’ah! You think you have more knowledge than the Companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!”’ Its isnaad is saheeh to al-Salt, who is one of the trustworthy (thiqah) followers of the Taabi’een

Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
5:3

Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance goes to Hell fire.
Sahih Muslim

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/34497

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful piece. Innovation scares me so much...sometimes I wonder if I'm doing it without even realizing because a certain practice may have become so ingrained into our culture.
    May Allah protect us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day when islam is our culture and is second nature to us , so ingrained in us that anything other than it would be abhorrent . Oh that is the day I wait for , al-Hamdulillah

      The best way I have found to bring islam back and remove culture is to ask why.Why does that random unrelated uncle have to put his hand on my head, why do you kiss your thumbs and rub your eyes, why can't I marry into xyz caste, why do those people always wear green turbans ect ect. Then if the answer doesn't automatically include Quran/hadith/fatwa then you know something has gone a bit awry.

      I too have become extremely cautious of innovation . I lived in a bubble that muslim meant muslim that the average muslim doesn't innovate , that as an ummah we're doing okay . But I hate to say it but I'm learning that I may well have been wrong

      Delete