Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Frayed

We are intertwined into this quilt of life
Puncturing through my being , leaving
Little holes you fill so readily with memories
I have lost myself in you all
Coloured threads sitting together
In this pseudo joy and warmth
Fraying at the corners of our individuality
Your history blurs with mine
We are a knotted mess of friends
Of loose ends lost from time to time

One cut, a snip
This fabric rips

To die this death alone
To know that every interaction with humanity
Can never weave me back  into
The place of eternity
Will you remember me
Does it matter
We are but silent weeping
Threads falling amongst dusty air
I lost myself amongst you all
And I , I am terrified at what I will find
When all matter has settled

And all matters are settled

And fear a Day when no soul will suffice for another soul at all, and no compensation will be accepted from it, nor will any intercession benefit it, nor will they be aided.
2:123

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful piece. It is almost too painful to imagine, but it is the very truth. Allah is truly all there ever was in our beginning and all there ever shall be at our end as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent,. you are a genius. You are BLESSED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazakallahu Khairun. May Allah reward you greatly.

      PS I am so curious to know who you actually are - hope you stick around anon

      Delete