Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Sorry Again

I have added to your sadness
You never cry but you nearly did
For I forgot so miserably
Promises wading in and out of your eyes

It is no excuse but I didn't think
That those words meant so much

I'm sorry
If I could tell you the things I remembered
The prayers made in surrender,
Lofty dreams
I asked for things for you
That I feel shy in asking for myself
Extravagant dreams of sleepless nights
Building higher and higher in these open palms
These secrets are accepted readily
So it is only out of necessity I share this with you

My heart won't let me truly forget
We were a one year friendship extended
Because of goodbyes that I couldn't dream to say
There is a sorry who found its way into verse
I am weak but I must find the strength
To remove the hurt

A prayer by a Muslim for his brother in his absence is always answered. 
Bukhari

They will say, “O Allah! (Save) our brothers (for they) used to pray with us, fast with us and also do good deeds with us.” Allah will say, “Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one (gold) Dinar.” Allah will forbid the Fire to burn the faces of those sinners. They will go to them and find some of them in Hell (Fire) up to their feet, and some up to the middle of their legs. So they will take out those whom they will recognize and then they will return, and Allah will say (to them), “Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of one half Dinar.” They will take out whomever they will recognize and return, and then Allah will say, “Go and take out (of Hell) anyone in whose heart you find faith equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant),” and so they will take out all those whom they will recognize.
Bukhari

1 comment: