Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Testing

I have met you again
Those same eyes ,faltering hands
Uneasy demands about unasked questions

The same lessons begging to be learnt
Find their way into my life through various friends
Just a few more months to rectify
The wrong doings that have piled beneath the books

I owe you something
I am here to give you something
To teach you something
Be the means to those dreams made so long ago

But I have not
I  have failed in ways hidden by mercy
My life , my words , the way these eyes wince
And this heart can't quite place
Pieces that I'd dropped
My sadness eating away at everything
I fear that I had tested not taught
And the questions that I posed
Were difficult for you


We never sent before thee any messengers but lo! they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have appointed some of you a test for others: Will ye be steadfast? And thy Lord is ever Seer.
Surah Furqan 
Ayah 20

“My entire nation is safe, except al-Mujahirin (those who boast of their sins). Among the Mujaharah is that a man commits an (evil) act, and wakes up in the morning while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret, he says: “O so-and-so! Last night I did this and that.” He goes to sleep while Allah has kept his (sin) a secret but he wakes up in the morning and uncovers what Allah has kept a secret!”
Saheeh al-Bukhari

No comments:

Post a Comment